Philosophy & Vision
Go Beyond Medicine’s® Philosophy & Vision
As a wholistic health care practice we view a human being as a living energy system. Real health involves the whole person and does not focus on a particular body part, symptom, or disease.
- We believe that any disturbance in the mind, in the body, or in the spirit reflects a disturbance in the whole system. The mind, body, and spirit are parts of an inseparable, integrated, living energy system.
- We believe good health is not just the absence of symptoms and disease but rather a positive state of balance in mind, body, and spirit. Achieving good health requires addressing the causes of disease and related symptoms.
- We believe each person is responsible for their own health and must actively participate in their own healing and health, maximizing the human potential.
- We believe the body has power to heal the mind, the mind has power to heal the body, and the spirit has power to contribute to achieving real health.
- We believe the basis for maximizing the living energy systems vitality involves nutrition, exercise, and sleep. Wholism utilizes all approaches to health care.
- We believe in first employing low risk methods that mobilize each person’s own healing resources. These methods may include acupuncture, herbs and/or supplements, massage, and other natural therapies.
- We believe in and value integrating drugs, surgery, or other higher risk and potentially hazardous therapies where needed into the overall personalized treatment plan.